Launched 8th Maharashtra Cohort of Quest Grassroots Leadership Development Program 2016
Our 2016 Grassroots Leaders
In January 2016, we launched our 8th Cohort of Quest Grassroots Leadership Program, a one-year leadership development program in Maharashtra. We selected 99 Fellows from 6 regions including Vidarbha, Marathwada, North Maharashtra, Western Maharashtra, Konkan and Mumbai, 75 Mentors and 69 Organizations (NGOs/CBOs).
The regional distribution of QFP Maharashtra 2016 shows 22% of our Fellows from Vidarbha region, followed by Western Maharashtra with 21% of selected Fellows.
This year, our Fellows are working on 6 different themes mentioned below.
- Women empowerment
- Rights and transparent government
- Access to and conservation of natural resources
- Rights of the most marginalized
- Sustainable livelihoods
- Youth and adolescents
Of the total number of Fellows, 30% are working for Women Empowerment followed by 23% for Rights and Transparent Government.
- In January 2016, our first training was held at Mahad where our Fellows and Mentors gathered for a 4 days session on: Understanding Self, Understanding Context and Leadership Journey.
- In March 2016, a 4 day budget session for Organization Heads and Mentors was held in Mumbai in which a workshop on Advocacy on Budget was conducted. We took our Fellows to submit their budget demands to the State Assembly Vidhan Sabha's ongoing budget session. This showcases our best practice of disseminating leadership/advocacy strategies through practical demonstration of rights-based advocacy.
- In April 2016, the second training programme was held in each of the 6 regions. The topics discussed included Gender, Citizenship and Information about Government Policies and Laws on issues chosen by our Fellows
- In April and May 2016, we organized a short workshop on Process Proposal where our Fellows themselves prepared a one-year plan with a sustainable outcome on their chosen issue.