Umeedon ki Udaan - Festival of Compassionate Leadership from the Grassroots Up
CORO: 25 years of transformational community empowerment
Umeedon ki Udaan is a two-day festival celebrating grassroots leadership initiatives and partnerships that are transforming societies – in India and around the world.
This year marks 25 years of creating networks and collaborations across Maharashtra to strengthen the leadership initiative from within marginalised communities. More than 50 organisations have been part of CORO’s 25-year journey and this festival is a celebration for everyone.
It will bring together people from all walks of life in a spirit of hope, compassion and purpose: from social change makers to leaders from business and government, along with individuals driving inspiring change in their own companies and communities.
It will be an opportunity to listen deeply to diverse voices and ask: how can I amplify my own contribution in the world?
Our two-day programme includes…
- Talks from inspirational leaders including
- Kailash Satyarthi, Nobel Prize-winner
- Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, Maharashtra
- Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Group
- Grassroots Innovation Lab: new models of leadership to deliver widespread change
- Examples of large-scale, community-led initiatives
- Opportunities to build transformational partnerships that span grassroots activism, entrepreneurship and global capitalism
- Cultural music, dance and creative arts
When: Mumbai, 30-31 October 2015, 10am - 10pm
Where: 600 Tenement Ground, Opp. Ward office: M-East, Deonar, Govandi, Mumbai-400088