Based in our Mumbai office, you’ll oversee conveying CORO’s work to the broader world via written content, supplemented by creative audiovisuals. You’ll also support us digitally, including on our website, social media and e-newsletter.
The role will be fast-paced and varied, with plenty of opportunities for growth. You’ll cover everything from sourcing materials for writing case studies, to keeping in touch with our far-flung network of grassroots activists, to curating social media content and training our team on communicating through presentations, reports, and audiovisual content. You’ll work closely with our core Mumbai-based team, our wider team, our founder, and our global network of partners. You will also oversee interns and volunteers who are involved in creating content for communications.
This is a great opening for somebody at an intermediate stage in their career (over three years’ work experience) who is eager to grow.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in the social sector, and an understanding of the accompanying processes and challenges. You’ll be a team player who thrives in a busy, varied workplace, cope well with flexibility, be self-aware (with a can-do attitude) and have excellent attention to detail.
We are a close-knit team, with a diverse set of backgrounds. Valuing collaboration and innovation, our culture is open, progressive, and mission-driven. If you think you might be the right person, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Plan and manage content for our website and keep social media up to date, including:
- Writing and uploading blogs, events and other content to the website.
- Managing our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Analysing our user statistics to enhance outreach strategy.
- Manage our video and photo library.
- Design and manage the e-newsletter, e.g. building content in Mail Chimp.
- Coordinate with team members to source content and keep up to date on latest events.
- Ensure our external communications are on brand and have high visual impact, including:
- Overseeing the formatting and visual style of our proposals.
- Develop new design concepts and materials such as infographics, diagrams, postcards, brochures, PowerPoint templates.
- Assist with writing, designing, editing and coordinating the Annual Report
- Assist with writing and editing grant proposals
- Assist with writing case studies, profiles, and documenting processes
- Manage interns and volunteers who are focusing on content writing, communication, or audiovisual skills.
Key skills, competencies and characteristics
- Advanced skill with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and email clients (Gmail.)
- Excellent content writing ability in English. Must be proficient in a formal reporting style, captivating case study style, and informal blogging style of writing. Creativity and ability to write outside the box is a must.
- Familiarity (preferred) or willingness to learn design software such as Canva, Adobe Acrobat Pro (including InDesign and Photoshop)
- Familiarity with managing social media channels.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to obtain and present a clear brief.
- Able to manage several projects at once, cope with shifting priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Professional manner and attitude.
- Curious and self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative and follow-through.
- A strongly developed sense of integrity, ambition, and the drive to make a difference.
Desired (but we can train you in this)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adobe InDesign, Cava and MailChimp.
- Experience of editing the back-end of a website.
- Experience taking and editing photos with a digital camera.
- Experience with video editing software (e.g. Final Cut Pro).
- Experience shooting and editing short videos
To apply: email your CV and brief covering letter to email@example.com. Please include a sample of written work if available.